First was the interior paint disaster of 2011. We decided to repaint the entire downstairs. We were going to do one color - a neutral one. We bought paint samples, put them up in various parts of the house and were confident we had picked the right color. My parents agreed to take the boys for the ENTIRE day at the beginning of the summer so that we could get it over with in a day. Well, I won't bore you with the frustrating details, but let's just say Chance and I are the worst paint color pickers ever! We spent the remaining free time of the summer painting. All in all we ended up painting the living room alone FIVE TIMES! Talk about a waste of time and money! Well, a few weeks ago we finally got it right and we are now FINALLY pleased with the end result.
Then there was the backyard playground project. Chance had to work during the week my Dad had off to build it, but he helped on weekends. I've blogged about this before, but I am still so overjoyed with it. Luke loves to just go outside (ON HIS OWN!) and wander around back there, usually having conversations with himself. Chance and I still have some more staining to do on the railings, so that project isn't quite finished just yet. But my Dad did just help install a new climbing net!
One weekend was spent doing a garage sale, which was a total bust!!! It was a huge waste of time - bad weather and bad advertising (it was supposed to be a "community garage sale", however Luke could have made signs better than the HOA put out). I did however, buy a kitchen table from a neighbor that weekend. I reupulstered the seats and for a total of $35 I think it was a very worthwhile investment. Especially if you saw the hunk-of-junk table I had before!!
My Dad also built us two gates on the sides of our house, so I stained those, stained the front porch, weeded the retaining wall, cleaned and organized the garage oh and did I mention my sister got married? - okay you get the point. We were busy. But we did try try to find the time to take advantage of the sun when we could. We took the boys to the pool whenever we could because saying Luke loves the pool is an understatement. Nate loves it too. Even when he's not in it, he's always so content hanging out in the shade watching the other people swim. Anytime I would tell Luke we were going the pool, he would do his excited laugh and then say, "I'm so happy you're letting me go to the pool!" His first couple of times he wouldn't let us let go of him, but with the help of my Grandma Rusty's floaty belt invention, he finally got the confidence to swim with his water wings without us. Mommy was very grateful for the independence! Luke loves to jump off the side of the pool into our arms. He actually tried it a couple of times without me catching - going under and everything, but he hasn't done it since.
Nate - always wanting to be like big "brod-ur".
When Nate's not jumping, he enjoys some relaxing in the pool as well!
A big thank you to my Grandparents for their generosity and work getting the pool up and running every year. I know my kids enjoy it just as much as I always did growing up and still do now!
One day we set up slip n' slide my Grandma Grace got for the great grandkids. Luke and Wyatt loved it!
Fun in the sun!
No comments:
Post a Comment