Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Potty Time!
This summer we attempted to potty train Luke. It was a major failure! We went at it pretty hard and as a result, just ended up stressing him out and totally turning him off to the idea. We tried for about a day and a half and after 17 accidents, we threw in the towel! Well, for Christmas Luke got an Elmo DVD about potty training and he's been watching it for the last couple days. After watching he would go upstairs and yell down to me that he was going potty, though I knew he really wasn't. Today I tried to experiment a bit and have him sit on the potty while watching the video and drinking juice. After 45 min I could tell he had to go because he started asking for his diaper. I decided to bring him and the potty upstairs and have him sit in the bath tub on his "painting chair" and told him to paint with his bath markers. Well he ended up peeing in the potty and after his nap today he went 2 more times! In fact he his diaper stayed dry all evening! I think we may have officially began the potty training again! Luckily, he seems a more excited about it this time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay, Lukey! Way to go!!
ReplyDelete