Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Nate and more

I figured this would be a good opportunity to document what kind of a baby Nate is before he grows up and I forget! Well, currently if he is awake he is either eating or crying most of the time. He normally doesn't stay content by himself for more than 5 minutes. Then he has to be walked around or fed. But it's not too bad, because he does sleep quite a bit. Mostly when he's being held. Sometimes he'll sleep in the pack n' play. This is all during the day. During the night, he eats anywhere from every 2 to 5 hours. He normally has a long stretch at first and then he's up quite often in the morning hours. It wouldn't be bad except for I don't wake up for the feedings alone. This babe is a noisy little bugger! He grunts and stirs so much through out the night! And he grunts really loud!! I often think he is going to wake up, but then he goes back to sleep. This is the 3rd day Chance has been back to work and I'm surprised at how well having the two by myself is going. I think it's all about expectations. I just made sure to expect lots of crying and busyness. I figured I would never have a moment to myself. Now when I do (like now), I'm thankful for it!


Nate loves the Moby Wrap! He falls asleep almost immediately most of the time!

Luke has been such an AWESOME big brother so far. I'm completely surprised at how well he has adjusted. Most of the time he doesn't seem jealous of Nate (maybe that's because I was so lazy during my last months of pregnancy he was used to Mommy not playing with him as much!) He helps bring me things like my phone if it rings and it's not in my reach (if I'm breastfeeding). Earlier today it rang, but it was up on the counter where he couldn't see it. I was feeding Nate and Luke headed towards it but couldn't find the phone. He came walking back and said, "bring Momma her phone!" What a crack up! He likes to lay down next to Nate. He just lays there still like he's afraid to touch him. :)

Part of the reason Luke is so good about having Nate around is probably because he still has most of Daddy's undivided attention. These two are quite a pair!


Lucky for me Luke spends about 75 percent of his day occupied and entertained by his precious lawn mower. To say he loves it is an understatement. He uses it so much we have two! An indoor one and an outdoor one. He pushes it everywhere, recites the "lawn mower story" that Chance made up for him. One of these days I'll have to videotape him doing it. It's so funny!


Luke likes to hide under the pillows on our bed. He also likes to form almost all his statements in the form of a question...

We headed down to Bonney Lake this weekend for Borne's 3rd birthday party. Both kids did great on the drive (Nate slept). It was fun to see Luke playing with the kids. He's finally starting to get braver around other kids. Happy Birthday Borne!

Check out the cake his Mom, Larissa made! Pretty awesome!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these pictures!! Hope we get to see you guys again soon. Give that Lukey & Nate a snuggle from Aunt Mindy. :)

    ReplyDelete