Friday, April 24, 2009
Poor Baby
Luke is sick! :( I feel so bad for him. His nose is all snotty and he's all congested. I've had two long nights so far. I hope he will get better soon. I've been trying to have him rest as much as possible. I was "alone with my thoughts" for two hours today while I rocked him in the chair in his room while he slept. No TV, no phone, no computer, not even a clock to show me how long I had been in there! Just me and my little boy sleeping in my arms. It's funny how having a child can keep you so busy, yet at times force you to stop and just be still with your thoughts. It's a new concept for me, because I almost always have some form of stimuli going on (tv tends to be my first choice - hey, I was a production major what do you expect?) Anyway, I've learned to appreciate the breastfeedings - though those will be coming to an end soon, and the occasional rocking in the chair - though I hate that uncomfortable thing and wish I had a nice comfy one so bad! It is those quiet moments where I realize just how amazingly blessed I am. God has given me so much. I have a tendency to be a "Nancy Negative", so it's good for me to take time to put things in perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor Luke! Hmmm... I hope he doesn't go through what Asher did after he turned 1 in January. Stomach flu and cold after cold, lasting a total of a good 2 months straight of being sick! Good thing warmer weather is on the way, that should help kick it. Have you tried putting books under one side (the head) of his crib to prop him up a bit? Also, as for what the doctor told us, steam steam and more steam (esp. before bed) to help the congestion. So sad.... hope he's better SOON!
ReplyDeleteGet better soon! Being sick is no fun for baby or Mama....It's times like these where you should pick up a good book! They are compact, portable, very silent, yet give your mind a nice escape. I'm not an avid reader, but I just finished the Twilight series and LOVED it! I read 4 FAT books in less than a month and that is a new persoal record for me. I was sad when I finished the last book...it was soooo good. Honestly, I didn't know I had this reading thing in me. Anyway, just a suggestion to pass the time when you are done "thinking about life." LOL! :o)
ReplyDeleteMindy: I hope he doesn't either. I think it's just a cold for now. I have thought of propping his mattress, but he moves around in his crib so much, I'm afraid he'd end up with his head down! Last night he slept in our bed propped up on a pillow. That worked out okay for him. I didn't get much sleep, and now it seems I caught his cold! I'm thinking of getting a humidifier.
ReplyDeleteJeri: I'm not much of a reader either, but every now and then I can get into a book. Maybe I'll have to try that series out, it seems to be popular.