Sunday, March 19, 2017

Goodbye Pasadera

I am going to miss walking back to our house with this little guy everyday after dropping the boys off at school.
 Here is my daily view after we have rounded the corner. Almost home. Can you tell I'm getting sentimental?

The day has finally come. It's our last night in the home Chance and I shared for over 10 years. We started with two and are leaving with 5. I would be falling apart if I wasn't staying so busy with the move. And when I'm focused on something I don't think about much else, so I haven't quite started the grieving process. 


Our final meal: Mod Pizza. One of the boys favorites. 
 We played some games together that night. We didn't want the house totally empty until the day we were moving so we still had our furniture. All our pictures were packed up though, so it did feel kind of empty.



The boys wanted to do a Mannequin challenge

Last night in our house. We had all the mattresses on the floor.

Of course Nate and Brad both ended up in our bed.

The next day was moving day. No pictures of that. It was a very long day. My Mom took the boys before we loaded up the moving truck. We managed to load the whole house up and move it all in to the Duplex that day. I was very prepared knowing where every single piece of furniture would go. I had pre-measured everything and made diagrams for each room. It's a very Leah thing to do. It didn't take me long to get most everything unpacked. I had a lot done that same evening and just a few more boxes to get to the next couple of days. My breaking point was unpacking books the boys had received through a Lake Stevens School District book club program. Many of them they got when they were babies and so the flood gates opened as I realized that chapter of raising our babies in that home was truly over. I'm talking the hyperventilating kind of crying. It was very sad. I'm so grateful for having a place to stay at the Duplex, but it's still not our home so it's hard to leave a home to unpack to temporary lodging.  Luckily the boys were still at my Mom's so I was free to have my moment. And then it's back to work because the boxes won't unpack themselves. 

We took the boys back to the house the next day so I could do a few more cleaning things and they could see it all moved out of. Of course they had to take advantage of the empty space and get some wrestling in.

Chance made sure to make it fun with a game of dodge ball in the now empty master bedroom.

2602 will always hold a massive special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment