Thursday, September 8, 2016

First Day of School 2016

First day of 3rd, 1st and Preschool! 

All summer Luke was dreading 3rd grade. Mainly because he never wants summer to end, but also because he worries about whether 3rd grade will be too hard. Thankfully his teacher, Mrs. Damon gushed over him at the open house the day before. She said she had heard wonderful things about him and that she was so excited to have him in her class. Well, that's all Luke needed to hear! The next day he was super excited to start his first day of 3rd grade!

Nate hadn't talked much about his feelings of starting 1st grade (and all-day school). But as the day neared he started to show some anxiety. He still did pretty good when it came time to drop him off, though I could see the nerves creeping up on him the sooner it came for me to leave him.

Bradley was very excited to finally join his brother's in the school world. He wasn't worried or nervous in the slightest. A far cry from his brothers, but that's my social little Bradley. Ready to take on any new adventure!

Take #1

After mommy yells at them and tells them to quite goofing off...

Bradley walked into his new classroom, with kids he doesn't know and teacher's he doesn't know and sat right down to play with the play doh with the rest of the kids!

Makes leaving my baby soooo much easier! Thanks buddy! :)

Bradley loves the one on one attention he gets from Mom, but the first day while he was coloring at the table he said, "I miss my brothers." He was thrilled to pick them up from school later that day!

It was peaceful and quiet in the house once I dropped the kids off. I cleaned up and it stayed clean for a few hours until it was time to get Brad. I thought about the boys all day and wondered how they were doing. But I'm not going to lie. I like some down time. I thoroughly enjoyed the quiet.

Bradley enjoyed his preschool as far as I can tell. Luke was a little frustrated with the kids in his class this year. Not the most well behaved (the class had to put their heads down) and I think gushing Mrs. Damon had to show her strict side right away (though she was still nice to Luke). Nate said his teacher was nice, but he seemed a little sad. He said he cried a couple times. :( I think the long day was longer than he realized it was going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment