I stopped by Nate's Thanksgiving feast at preschool to try to snap a few pictures. This is the best one I got. He cracks me up. He isn't very talkative at preschool, though I don't think he's shy. Just doesn't desire the spotlight (unlike a couple other boys that shall remain nameless). He reminds me so much of his Grandpa Jim. Just cool and self-assured without needing to be recognized (though both deserve to be). I hope he keeps his confidence.
He's confident but still sensitive and very particular. He has to give me several hugs, literally follows me out the door when I drop him off at school. His teachers tell me that he doesn't always participate in all the activities (finger painting or anything messy mainly). They are quick to point out that he not rude with his refusals just very matter-of-fact that he is certain he does not want to try it. Oh this boy! I always say he's nobody's puppet. Definitely marches to the beat of his own drum. But I think that's good. I think it will serve him well not to always conform to what everyone else is doing. Though we (his teacher's and I) do try to encourage him to tone down the OCD a bit (not in those words of course! Haha!)

No comments:
Post a Comment