Sunday, February 9, 2014

Disneyland!!!

It felt like this day would never come. I had been planning this trip for a year and keeping it secret from the boys as well! I was so excited to tell them, I was even nervous! Luke has really been suffering from a case of the winter blues and that morning he was having another bad morning.  I had to contain my laughter as he went on about how everything's boring and he never gets to do anything fun. They were all pretty excited when we gave them their t-shirts and finally told them, though they really didn't know what they were in for!

So here we are at the airport waiting to board the plane. The boys all behaved pretty well. Getting through security was a little hectic but that was mostly because Chance and I were trying to contain the boys while simultaneously being pack mules with all the luggage we had to carry on the plane.

It was even more hectic boarding the plane as the bike trailer wouldn't fit through the door to the terminal so we had to fold it up and carry everything. 

The boys did awesome on the plane! No crying, tantrums. It was so great.

I think Bradley was lulled by the hum of the plane because it wasn't too far into the flight that he started looking pretty sleepy (after all, it was nap time). Chance asked him if he wanted to go "night night" and he looked at him with his fingers in his mouth and shook his head yes. Chance laid him back in his arms and Bradley peacefully dozed off within a few minutes and slept for a lot of the flight.

Our next adventure was getting on our bus to take us to the hotel. All the boys LOVED this. Getting to ride in a big bus without being in a carseat. Party!

After we checked in and dropped our luggage off at the hotel it was dinner time so we headed next door to IHOP. Let me just say that sitting down to eat dinner in a restaurant with these wiggle worms ranks right up there with going to the dentist. Not my favorite thing.

After dinner we headed to Disneyland for our first introduction to the park. By then the sun was going down so it was getting a bit dark. We did the Peter Pan ride a few times - all the boys loved it as well as Dumbo and the carousel. We decided to head back to the hotel and as we were walking out the parade was starting. By the time we made it to the entrance of the park, there was an open spot we found and we got to watch the whole thing! It was pretty cool.

Day 2: Here I am snuggling with boys ours first morning. Can you tell how well I slept the first night? I may look tired, and yes, I was but how awesome is it to get to snuggle all my boys the morning we get to do a full day at DISNEYLAND!! I'm not sure who was more excited.

Looking a little more fresh faced and ready to start our day of fun!

By the way, this was the off season. I could not believe how busy it was! This is the boys inside the park waiting for them to drop the ropes. It was pretty crowded. But the word on the street that it was "dead" so I can only imagine what this place is like during the peak season!


Listen to the music they play after they drop the ropes! I am convinced this is one of, if not THE best place to take your kids. EVER!

The older boys did decent with the lines (though Nate wanted to "snuggle" me a lot and expected me to hold him). Bradley was always wanting down and then wanted to run off once his feet hit the ground! 

The boys loved getting their picture with the characters. Bradley would follow close behind them, but if the character tried to reach out to him or anything he would startle and then back away!

This boy was soooo busy but when he was let out of his cage (the bike trailer) he was in heaven! He loved running around and climbing on all the fun things in Toontown.



Hmmm. Wonder what Luke will pick with his Disney gift card from Aunt Trisha? He also picked a stuffed Simba.

Nate picked a Snake. Then he changed his mind and wanted to go back for a spider. Then he changed his mind and decided he wanted a hook and sword like Luke.


Playing at Tom Sawyer island.

Day 3: Another terrible night of sleep (Bradley was waking up every 30 minutes it felt like). On to California Adventure!

Nate and Bradley would take their daily nap in the bike trailer each day at some point. Today it was together. Oh and by the way, Luke almost never rode in the bike trailer unless we made him and was still trying to jump on the beds at the hotel at night. Even Disneyland can't wear this kid out!

These boys had a blast together. However Nate was asking to go back home from day one. He was so torn between wanting to be at the park, but also missing home! Poor guy. When we got back home he said, "Mom, I wish we could go to Disneyland just for one day."

I got to sneak away a couple times for the big rides! Loved Tower of Terror! Though I think this picture looks like I'm some southern belle. "Oh, my stars!"

We had AWESOME weather the whole time we were there with the exception of Thursday evening. At first it was just a little drizzly but then it started getting pretty wet. We took advantage of the zero waits on the outdoor rides for awhile until we finally were getting too wet. Here are the boys on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. It really doesn't get better than hearing this sound!

We decided to finally call it a day. We were getting pretty wet and cold and the boys were exhausted. Well, all of them except for Luke that is. That boy can really burn the midnight oil. This is him in his own little world as we were making our way out of the park.


Day 4: Last day at the park! Okay so if I thought the other two nights were bad, they were a cake walk compared to the third night. Bradley came down with croup and had a fever all night. I had to take him outside a couple times in the middle of the night to get him to calm down. Sorry hotel neighbors!


So we split our time between the two parks for our last day. All the boys loved Dumbo! Had to ride that one last time!


This is one of Chance and my favorite videos. We just love watching the boys acting like pro's on the Dumbo ride and Nate's line at the end cracks Chance and I up every time!

Nate says this is his "bad guy face".

Though Nate was missing home a lot, it seemed like the longer we were there, the more he was able to embrace the vacation. My usually reserved child was even getting into the spirit!

The boys watching the Pixar Parade at California Adventure.

Chance and I worked really hard to make this a great vacation for the boys and to stay united despite the stress of taking 3 little boys on a vacation like this. We really had a great time enjoying the magic with our boys! We both know that this will be a very special memory for both of us!

Checking out at the hotel. Luke wanted me to take a picture in front of the fireplace in the hotel lobby.

Despite almost missing our bus to take us to the airport and a very cranky and sick Bradley going through the airport we made it back home without too much craziness. In fact Nate and Bradley slept on the plane ride home. 

We were so happy we took this trip when we did. It was very difficult at times but of course the fun made the hard stuff well worth it. We really wanted Luke to get to experience Disneyland while he was still young enough to really embrace all the characters. The younger ones had a blast, and even though they may not remember it, we will.

The trip even inspired this masterpiece of Nate's: "Us riding Dumbo"



No comments:

Post a Comment