The Norris household has been stricken with the Chickenpox. This has been quite an ordeal. Chance and I first noticed a couple of spots that looked like bug bites on Nate. The next day we found more and found one on Bradley. I thought it may be chickenpox, so I took Nate to the pediatrician to have him checked out. Well, the Dr. took one look at him and said it was a rash caused from a bug bite. I even asked if he's sure it wasn't chickenpox because I found one that look exactly the same on Bradley. He said it did not look like it to him. Well, I took him home and started to research more. I should mention a few weeks early I got about 5 bumps that looked like bug bites on my back that had scabbed over. The next day Bradley developed more spots and so did Nate. So my next diagnosis was bed bugs. AAAAH. That was horrifying. I started stripping down Bradley's room searching for evidence. It was overwhelming, there was no way I could rid the house of bed bugs! The next day the spots increased and started to scab over. We started asking around and became quite certain it was the chickenpox. First thing Monday I took Bradley and Nate back to the doctor. He confirmed it. I even got a "I guess you were right and I was wrong Ms. Norris". Well, Nate's case was very mild, but Bradley's was much worse. He was miserable. Two weeks later Luke has now come down with it and his is even worse! This has been pretty difficult on all of us. Not only have they had itchy spots, but we've had fevers, cough and snotty noses. Bradley has been sleeping terribly and wants to be held all the time. He is just now finally starting to get healthy, and so we are "sleep training" which is not fun. Luke is in bed right now looking so uncomfortable. I just want to fast forward time. I will be so glad when this is all over and my adorable little boys don't have these ugly spots all over their precious skin. At least we are getting this out of the way before all the kids are in school. I know there is a vaccine for this and I chose not to get it, but I'll save that explanation for another day.
Bradley at his worse...
Unhappy kids and Mom.
Trying to help Luke not scratch. Though he did a really good job without the gloves.
Poor boy!
Nate's spots were mostly around his underwear area, so no pics for him! His were super mild.




I'm so sorry to hear that! Luckily Owen's case was SUPER mild and Emma didn't even end up getting it. I feel for you, for sure!
ReplyDelete