Monday, February 28, 2011

10 Months

Nater's is 10 months old! He babbles all the time now. He likes to show me things and say "Oooh", and "Ohhh". Whenever I say, "Aaah" he lays his head on my chest. He gives me a nice open mouth kiss on the lips when I ask him to give me a kiss.

He cheers for himself when he throws a ball and he immediately starts clapping if he hears music or someone singing. His balance is getting better when he stands up next to things. Sometimes he'll let go to hold a toy, and just lean against something or he'll just stand there for a few seconds. We have caught him using his toy car as leverage to try to reach something higher. One time he was standing with one foot on the seat (the other foot dangled in the air) and one hand on the dining room table while the other was trying to reach something on top of the table. Not sure if I explained the visual well, but it was quite a site. Here is the car, which by the way he can sit on all by himself!

He is still sweet and cuddly, but man oh man, don't you dare take something from him or you'll get his wrath! He screams and yells and buries his head into the ground. Every once in awhile I'll here a scream from Nate, followed up by Luke saying, "I thought I was playing with it". Which usually means Luke took a toy from Nate and is trying to play it off like he had already been playing with it. But Nate makes sure to let me know what really happened. LOL. The naps are better. He goes down easy almost every time and the afternoon nap is about 60 to 90 minutes now (sometimes I have to put him back to sleep, but I'll take it!) We are down to one feeding a night. He doesn't always like that, but that's what I've been doing and I'm not going back!! He'll wake up and cry here and there but will put himself back to sleep. I made a smart investment in some ear plugs to help my sanity. My goal is to be done with the night feeding by next month. We'll see how that goes. Right now he screams like bloody murder for the one feeding I will give him, so that one might be hard to cut off. Most of the time he is a very happy boy. If I have a task to accomplish (like eating for example), I have to be careful not to "engage" him by smiling or talking to him because he'll crawl right over and beg to be picked up! What a sweetie!



Here he is clapping to a song (No, I don't like the song, I was watching Oprah, and Willow Smith was the musical guest).

1 comment:

  1. How dare you say you don't like Willow Smith "Whip my Hair!" It's so catchy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete