Nate is 5 months old. If I had to describe Nate in one world I would probably say, "smiley". He is my smiley little boy. He has to be in a pretty bad mood to not grant you a smile when you are looking for one. He can pretty much get where he wants to go on the ground now. He either rolls or inches a long army crawl style. He's even starting to rock onto his knees a bit. At the rate he is going I wouldn't be surprised if he was crawling by next month. He must be in a hurry to play with his favorite person in the world: Luke. He is so content to just play on the floor if Luke is near by. And talk about smiley, he always has a huge grin for Luke when we go in Luke's room to greet him from a nap. He's starting to shriek and yell a lot too. Now if only I could get this boy to sleep better! I think I'm just destined to have wired kids. He's like Luke Part II in the sleep department. Chance and I are feeling pretty tired these days. I get up to feed Nate and when I can't get him to go back to sleep Chance takes over to get him back to sleep. He still won't take a very long nap (unless he is being held). Luke, Nate and I all got sick this last week so it's been pretty rough. I thought I would have this whole sleeping thing figured out the second time around, but I'm realizing that no matter how hard you try, you just can't force a kid to sleep. I think I'm just going to have to give it some time (maybe let him cry a little longer, too. I HATE to hear him cry!!) Oh, he also loves to be outside. He is so happy when I put him in the Moby wrap and walk him around. Sometimes if he is fussing, the only thing that will make him calm down is taking him outside.
I told Chance we are going to have to get this boy into modeling, since he smiles on cue!
Luke and Nate having fun. I had to work really hard to get a smile out of Luke.
Here is the face Luke was actually making the whole time.
Here is Nate being his happy little self. You can see him do a little bit of his army crawl too.
Wow, he has changed SO MUCH since I last saw him on the 4th of July!!! :( What a heart-warming smile, happy boy!
ReplyDelete